Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thoughts from the Road--Joy and Pain

I went for a run (uh, shuffle) yesterday and today my body is upset with me. I felt good, though, and got a lot of good thinking in while I was out on the road.

my new Adidas running shoes


 Road thoughts:

 Joy is awesome, and is the kind of feeling that makes you want to stop time, and make a moment last forever. Seriously, and I mean this in the most non-depressive way, joy is a barrier to progress. Joy is pretty much what we are all seeking, and when we find it--whoa, it's like, amazing. Time keeps marching on, though, and acts as a counterpoint to the way joy makes us want to STAY. We can't stay. Time forces us out of these joy-moments.

Discomfort, on the other hand, is the kind of feeling that makes us want to MOVE. In it's way, discomfort is the vehicle of progress. Anyone, if uncomfortable enough, will try to do something to move out of or away from that discomfort, eventually.

I SAY: joy and discomfort are both part of life. Don't ignore the discomfort--let it do its job. Let your discomfort motivate you to MOVE--forward/up/out/on. Uncomfortable right now? In pain? Dissatisfied?? Consider yourself lucky, because this is your perfect opportunity to move and grow, and change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connect with me. Join this conversation.